Systems Analyst – Destination Management System (DMS)
- Are you passionate about analytics and want to be make a difference in your role working for an exciting multicultural travel company?
If this excites you then read on!
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities. We are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach.
Our passion is to share local experiences because 95% of our people are local. We are proud of the communities we operate and live in and our commitment to work responsibly with our customers, local communities and business partners ensures our tours have minimal impact on the natural environment, while adding value to our local economies.
As our brand grows so does our legacy of caring for our local community and our people, ensuring we make a difference in the countries we operate. No matter what role or title you have in Discova we value you and your contribution to our overall success.
About the Opportunity
Discova is looking for an experienced Systems Analyst, who will play a significant role in planning, designing, developing and launching information and operations systems in support of core organizational functions.
This position will become the Destination Management systems specialist and responsible for the day to day operations of the DMS platform.
We are looking for someone with strong communication skills and proven analytical and problem-solving ability who can help identify, communicate and resolve system issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
You will be responsible for:
- Meet with decision-makers, systems owners, and end-users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals.
- Liaise and communicate with various business groups in the organization to facilitate system design proposals and implementation of new or improved business processes.
- Provide orientation and training to end-users for all modified and new systems.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment (ROI) analysis for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- University degree in the related field
- 5 years related work experience in place of degree is acceptable
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products
- Extensive experience with core software productivity suites and data reporting tools, such as Microsoft and Power BI
- Experience with technical architectures and designs, such as the Azure cloud platform
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal across a variety of cultures.
- Good project management skills and formal structure around self-management.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience working in tourism (preferably a destination management company) would be preferable.
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!