Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer - Canada
Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer - Canada
Flight Centre Travel Group is looking for a Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer. In this role, you will be part of the core team involved in a wide variety of software engineering tasks to develop the company’s next-generation lead management and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. We are looking for an experienced member of the team who will be ready to take control over end-to-end software development process in Go language and one of the web frameworks.
The ideal candidate would have experience developing technical solutions in CRM and using available APIs for external integrations. This will include the evaluation of new and existing use cases, system integration approach and maintenance, design and customization fit-for-purpose, and end-user adoption.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather, Analyze and Document requirements to prepare early POC solutions
- Create user interface based on partial specifications and mockups using on a modern web framework (React-based or Angular)
- Develop custom browser extensions capable of using web page data
- Use capabilities of a modern browser including client-side caching, service worker, etc
- Implement live connections to the backend using gRPC and Websockets
- Develop high-performance server-side software stand-alone and running AWS Lambda (Go, Golang, Kotlin)
- Create extensive software test kits with unit tests and behaviour driven tests
- Debug, trace and monitor end to end message flows
- Write efficient SQL queries of use with PostgreSQL
- Use OLTP database like DynamoDB for transactional data
- Develop using Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM APIs for data processing
- Integrate tracing solutions from New Relic, AWS Metrics and X-Ray, OpenMetrics, etc
- Build, Test and Deploy software with use of Github Actions (or similar CI/CD pipelines)
- Document design and implementation of all software components
- Self-disciplined and comfortable working in a remote environment
Training and Experience:
- 5-10+ years of experience on professional software development projects
- Familiarity with common web services protocols (HTTP 1, 2, 3, gRPC, WebSockets)
- Familiarity with common API standards (OpenAPI, GraphQL, XML Web Services)
- Understanding of common web security problems and solutions to secure applications
- Working knowledge of React, Angular or similar frontend framework.
- Working knowledge of one of the Golang web frameworks and libraries
- Hands-on knowledge of scripting languages (TypeScript, Python)
- Tenacious analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of CRM concepts
- Experience with relational databases and PostgreSQL specifically
- In-depth understanding of multithreading, co-routines and streams, async.
- Experience with AWS Stack: Fargate, Lambda, ALB, VPC, DynamoDB, RDS PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, ElasticCache (Redis)
- Experience working with Docker (or other container technologies)
- Knowledge of OAuth 2.0 flows including Client and Server development
- Experience automating repeated tasks
- Experience of using distributed version control tools such as git
- Post-secondary education related to software engineering and information technologies or equivalent work experience is required.
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel perks/discounts, in-house financial and health services
- Generous paid-time off policy
- National/International Award Nights and Conferences
- Diversity & Inclusion initiatives
- Benefits including vision, medical, and dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Contributory RRSP/RPP matching scheme
- Company Share purchase scheme
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation and Brighter Futures program supporting nominated charities through Workplace Giving, Volunteering and Fundraising.
- Employee giving program
- Annual Charity Trip
- Office Environmental Program
- 1 Volunteer Day per Calendar Year
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been waiting for and you would like to be part of our award-winning culture then APPLY NOW.
Our promise is to provide an environment with equality of respect, dignity and opportunity for all our employees. We value an inclusive and supportive workplace which truly reflects the diversification of our society. Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to providing a barrier-free pathway throughout our recruitment selection process. If you require accommodation because of a disability at any stage of our hiring process, please let us know in advance by contacting our Recruitment Team at email@example.com