Risk Analyst - Brisbane
Join our growing, global company!
Flight Centre Travel Group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Risk Analyst to join the Australian Risk Team.
The Australian Risk Team focuses on challenging the status quo and enhancing the risk management function within FCTG Australia. The Team has implemented innovative tools which have significantly improved the efficiency and effectiveness of risk management in FCTG.
About The Opportunity:
Working closely with the Risk Leader, the Risk Analyst will be an expert in business processes, identifying key risks and developing and deploying effective risk management strategies to minimise those risks nationally. The Risk Analyst will be the driving force in ensuring the protection of FCTG’s assets and contributing to the ongoing success of the company.
The Australian Risk Team act as experts in assisting operational and finance leaders to take ownership of risk management within their business. To be successful, this requires the ability to influence those leaders and balance the competing priorities of effective internal control and operational productivity.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Identify key risks across FCTG and ensure these are minimised through process improvement and efficient internal controls
- Understand, document and challenge complex business processes across FCTG
- Develop and deploy effective risk management strategies in FCTG, working with finance and operational leaders to balance the requirement for strong internal control with the operational need to make it easier for our consultants to sell travel
- Assist with the refinement and implementation of a centralised risk review function
- Develop and enhance centralised monitoring processes to target specific risk areas and identify exceptions for targeted risk reviews
- Investigate continuous monitoring exceptions
- Perform risk reviews both centrally and on location
- Analyse risk findings to enhance risk assessment, monitoring and mitigation
- Ensure compliance with company policies and FCTG minimum standards for financial systems and processes
- Collate evidence for misconduct investigations and assist in performing the disciplinary meetings and follow through with the rectification of ledgers impacted
- Prepare monthly reporting highlighting key business risks and focus issues
- Assist in specific projects as and when required
Skills & Qualifications:
- CA/CIA (or equivalent) studies or completed internal audit or risk (or equivalent) qualification desirable
- Post graduate business degree
- Commercial experience in an audit (internal or external) or risk management role desirable
- High attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with initiative to resolve issues as they are identified
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop relationships at all levels
- Proven track record of implementing practical risk management processes
- Strong customer focus and teamwork skills
- Proven time management and organisational skills
- High degree of flexibility and ability to deal with change, growth and a pressured environment
- Ability to travel at short notice as required
- 1-2 years’ experience in risk, internal or external audit
What's In It For You:
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
- Monthly awards nights, conferences, industry/social events, and the opportunity to attend global balls
Take the next step in your career, Apply Now!