Retail Accounting Operations Team Member - New Malden
We have a great entry-level opportunity to start a career in Finance within a large Finance department of over 60 people. We are recruiting a Retail Accounting Operations Team Member, whose responsibility will be to drive efficiency within the team whilst supporting the front-end growth and increasing team productivity. This will involve actively reviewing current procedures to ensure there is continuous improvement to the processes. You'll be based in our head office in New Malden (Greater London - just 14 minutes from Clapham Junction).
The majority of the day-to-day transactional processing is carried out off shore, whilst the UK based team has full ownership and responsibility for all processes, controls and balance sheet standards. The UK based team is responsible for providing first line support for front end businesses and consultants.
The key responsibilities and duties involved with this role are:
- bank reconciliations
- reconciling credit card receipts
- paying our retail land suppliers
- setting up banking and merchant facilities for the retail businesses
As a high performing team, we are looking for a passionate, hardworking, problem-solver. The front-end consultants are our internal customers so proven great customer service is a key requirement.
We are looking for the following:
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written, with an ability to communicate with finance and non-finance individuals
- A strong attention to detail and understanding of the importance of accuracy
- A logical approach to problem solving
- An understanding of accounting fundamentals and importance of strong financial controls
- The ability to work to deadlines and deliver on commitments
- Strong customer service approach
- A genuine team player, appreciating the importance of team goals
- Proven ability to multitask
- Good time management; being flexible and adaptable
- A keen desire to learn new things
- A proven focus on improving efficiency and effectiveness of processes.
The successful candidate will receive experience within the different areas of the finance as the Retail Accounting operations team. This role will also allow the successful candidate to gain experience with working with key finance service providers. You’ll receive experience necessary in achieving a recognised qualification in accounting such as ACCA or CIMA (funding and study-support is provided by Flight Centre). There are also opportunities to take on leadership roles in the future, and further progress your career within the wider finance function.
Salary and Benefits
In return, you'll be rewarded with a £24K OTE salary and an unbelievable bevvy of benefits:
- Fast-track leadership programme. We have an internal scheme which finds and develops the future leaders of our £1bn UK business
- Global opportunities. We are a global company with offices in 25 countries across the globe - that means great scope for our staff
- Unbelievably discounted travel. We pass on fantastic rates to all our staff
- Industry renowned social events. Summer balls, awards nights and more
- Exceptional career progression. We focus on progressing all our staff and offer an array of career opportunities
- Free and confidential financial guidance. Our own in-house financial team
- Free health consultations. Our own in-house fitness team run competitions and give discounted gym memberships
- Active Hour. We encourage everyone to get active by giving an hour a week to exercise
- Wellness package. We offer discounted physiotherapy, massage, reflexology, mindfulness awareness, cycle-to-work scheme
- Bronze-level health cash plan. Claim cash back for dentist, opticians, chiropractors and more
- Excellent pension and share scheme. Opportunity to buy shares at discounted rates
- Season Ticket Loan. We pay upfront and you pay back via salary sacrifice
- Three-month sabbatical. We reward long-term employees by offering sabbaticals
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
START DATE: ASAP