- Are you creative when it comes to designing unique travel itineraries?
- Do you love to travel and do business at the same time?
- Are you passionate about group and event travel?
- Do you like to work with a multicultural company that loves to embrace local experiences?
If this excites you then read on!
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities. We are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach.
Our passion is to share local experiences because 95% of our people are local. We are proud of the communities we operate and live in and our commitment to work responsibly with our customers, local communities and business partners ensures our tours have minimal impact on the natural environment while adding value to our local economies.
As of 2019 we are operating across 14 countries throughout Asia, Mexico, Latin America, and the Caribbean with big plans for expanding our family, Discova delivers a wide range of specialist services including ground transfers, accommodation, large group touring (GIT), independent traveller journeys (FIT), MICE, and educational travel.
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced, energetic and creative person to join our success story in Hanoi.
The position will work hand in hand with the regional sales team, product, and operations department to prepare proposals, win pitches and execute events that surprise, give real-life experiences and show our customers that we are savvy operators.
Negotiation, time management and the ability to multitask various projects at the same time is a must for this role. If you are a self-starter, methodical in your approach and innovative, with a passion to deliver high standards then we want to hear from you.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all communications are professionally and efficiently completed in line with agreed service levels.
- Handle service issues with a positive can-do attitude and adopt appropriate corrective actions and make a proactive decision.
- Ensure all bookings, passenger details, logistic information, internal notes and supplier notes updated in the reservations system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Lead the creation of tour ‘story’ with guides, to ensure the new product is scripted correctly.
- Work in collaboration with the in-destination operational teams to ensure clear operational plans and running orders
- Create guidelines, manuals, and scripts for all operational staff in support of MICE events
- Monitor the performance of hotels and suppliers in assigned destinations and report back to Regional MICE Manager on any actions needed.
- Completed travel industry course and/or experience within the travel industry
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in MICE sales within the industry
- University graduate or relevant Diploma
- Personal and professional travel experience in Indochina is an asset
- Knowledge of hotels brands and destinations in the Discova portfolio
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Build and leverage relationships
- Highly motivated, self-starter prepared to do whatever it takes to succeed
- Ability to travel and to work flexible hours as required
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!