Junior Accountant - Brisbane
About the Business:
Moneywise Global is the Flight Centre Travel Group’s (FCTG) Financial Services business, now in its 25th year. It reaches an Australian and Global employee base initially with a financial literacy education platform as an employee benefit. The offer then extends to professionally delivered Money Coaching, Financial Advice, Lending and Tax services.
Moneywise Tax offers employee, individual and business tax advice, accounting services, and tax return completion in a competitive fee model. The client base includes current and past FCTG employees, associated SME’s, travel industry partner employees, and corporate travel clients. The team is currently four headcount strong growing with a casual payroll in peak tax return time.
The role will assist our existing clients to be able to provide any tax advice and prepare their tax returns.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of tax returns for Individual tax returns
- Provision of tax advice for individuals and sole traders
- Preparation of Business Activity Statements
- Excellent attention to detail including strong numeracy skills
- Understand and apply Australian Taxation legislation, laws and regulations, and applicable industry Codes of Practice
- Direct reporting to the Team Leader and also assist other accountants in the team
- Strengthen and Support a healthy team and business culture in alignment with the FCTG Values and Philosophies
- Role model behaviours of integrity, professionalism, trust and team contribution
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline
- 1 to 2 years’ experience across preparation of individual tax returns
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
- Monthly awards nights, conferences, industry/social events, and the opportunity to attend global balls
Take the next step in your career, Apply Now!