Global Technical Document Writer - New Malden (6-months)
Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) is one of the world’s top travel management companies to work for. We’ve a rare and exciting 6-month opportunity for a Global Technical Document Writer to join us in our Global Air Distribution team and be based in our Head Office in New Malden.
The Global Technical Document Writer will be tasked with writing content for all internal and customer facing distribution documentation. As the world of airline distribution evolves, FCTG remain at the forefront of industry collaboration and development and it’s important that we are able to explain the changes and benefits to our corporate customers and suppliers as well to our staff.
We are looking for an individual who understands distribution technology, keeps themselves updated with the latest developments and industry initiatives, but who is able to communicate this in a clear and simple to understand way. The successful candidate will take direction from the Manager of Air Content & Distribution EMEA on key topics to write about and will need to keep up to date on FCTG progress to create easily understood documents.
- Create technical documents on all aspects of New Distribution Capability (NDC) content
- Keep updated with all aspects of airline distribution technology globally, including IATA’s NDC and ONE Order Programs
- Remain abreast of competitor adoption plans, supplier accreditation etc. in order to produce and maintain content
- Understand FCTG Airline Distribution strategy and implementation plans globally for the purposes of document writing
- Plan, edit and write “blue print” content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as regional staff intranet sites, monthly magazines and email. The content will need to be written in plain, simple English which will be then edited for the various markets and purposes
- Write and edit content for a variety of external communication mediums, such as Customer Advisory Groups, websites and other training material
- Create presentations, diagrams, supporting documents etc. which will be understood at all levels of the organisation
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent Travel and Airline Industry knowledge including NDC
- Experience within a Technical Writer or similar role
- Understanding of the corporate travel sector
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to take complex technical information and translate it into simple documentation that can be understand by non-technical audiences
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to work with all departments across a multi-national and multi-brand organisation.
- Confidence with senior executives and ability to explain communication techniques to them
- Familiarity with information technology, especially digital and video by means of communication
Rewards and Benefits
The Global Technical Document Writer role offers a competitive salary plus the opportunity to earn incentives, as well as our award-winning benefits package that includes:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free Perkbox subscription
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.