Financial Accountant - Brisbane
About the Opportunity
The role of the Financial Accountant is to support the FCTPP (Flight Centre Technology, Property & Procurement) Finance Team through the delivery of financial information and analysis for the IT, Property and Procurement functions at Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG).
The IT function is responsible for all IT Shared Services, Property delivers on the leasing, design, construction and property management of 1000+ retail and head office sites located nationally, and Procurement relates to all indirect supplier spend.
The FCTPP Finance Team provide expertise and support to all Operational Leaders in each of these areas primarily through the analysis of financial and non-financial data and the delivery of business insights with the overall goal of supporting new initiatives and improving operational outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation and posting of month end journals and adjustments
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and management accounts
- Analyse and interpret the monthly results and follow up on significant variances
- Respond to finance related queries from operations in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with company policies, relevant accounting standards and FCTG minimum standards for financial systems and processes
- Review and posting of payments and receipts in the General Accounting system (GAS) and internal charges
- Assisting with preparation of annual budget and quarterly forecast
- Assisting with Asset Accounting requirements
- Provide ad-hoc training and accounting support as required
- Support for half-year and year-end external audit
- Assist with special projects and the implementation of systems and process improvement initiatives
- FCTPP Commercial Leader
- FCTPP Finance Team
- Internal businesses: Nexus, FCT, Property, Procurement, GFR, Tax, Treasury, Paymatters, Internal Audit etc.
- Completed Business/Commerce (Accounting) degree and studying towards CA/CPA
- 1-2 years commercial experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of commercial acumen and professionalism
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
- Monthly awards nights, conferences, industry/social events, and the opportunity to attend global balls
Take the next step in your career, Apply Now!