Experienced Travel Consultant for After Hours Customer Assist (part time)
Are you an experienced travel professional looking for a new and rewarding challenge? Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment where every day is a new adventure? Are you looking to find a better balance with your career and family or studies and still get paid the same (or more!) than a full time travel consultant?
An exciting opportunity has opened up for experienced Sabre Trained Consultants looking for a new challenge in one of Flight Centre Travel Group’s most integral support businesses.
Based at the new Flight Centre Global Head Office in Southbank, Customer Assist is seeking experienced travel consultants and industry experts to join our dynamic and vibrant team working after-hours and weekends on a 24/7 rotating roster. If you have high-attention to detail, natural problem-solving ability and will thrive on the challenge of assisting Flight Centre's Leisure and Business clients the world over when issues or emergencies arise, then this position is for you!
Full in-house training will be provided.
- Minimum 2 years' travel industry retail or corporate experience is essential
- Strong GDS skills - Sabre preferred
- Exceptional customer service and empathy
- Solution-focused with the ability to think "outside the box"
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, unsupervised, remain calm under pressure and manage time effectively
- Flexibility to work a rotating roster based on 24/7 business and every second weekend (0.6 FTE)
- Generous remuneration structure with incentives that directly reward hard work and results
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and development
- Monthly awards nights, conferences, social events, and the opportunity to attend global awards internationally (Las Vegas in 2019)
We’re proud to have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards 2018, in addition to Best Agency Group at the AFTA 2018 National Travel Industry Awards