Commercial Finance Manager - New Malden
The award-winning company to work for, Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) has grown to become one of the world’s largest travel agency groups. We have a rare but highly exciting opportunity for a Commercial Finance Manager within our head office in New Malden, Greater London. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the UK Commercial finance team and report directly to the EMEA CFO, to collectively drive commercial initiatives across all the UK based Brands: (FCM, Corporate Traveller, Flight Centre Business Travel and Flight Centre). As such you will be a critical member of the EMEA Finance Leadership team.
This role will be primarily commercially focused, delivering a commercial function that partners with all the UK brands and functions. This will only be truly possible if this role is delivering on their responsibilities for the UK business across management and financial reporting, commercial insight, financial and balance sheet control, risk and regulatory compliance and people leadership.
You will get to play an important part in the evolution of the Finance Team to become a truly Digital Finance function, embracing the opportunities provided by analytics, robotics and machine learning. Whilst the finance team has already started on this; there is a very exciting and inspiring journey ahead.
The success of any candidate in this role will be largely dependent upon possessing exceptional commercial acumen and ability to provide insights to the business; paired with leadership ability to direct, shape and inspire a large commercial team. Equally the successful delivery of any initiatives will require an ability to work effectively with all functions across Finance, having strong working relationships with all the senior Finance leaders. A strong proven ability to drive change and flexibility will be key to success in this role.
- Leadership of the UK based commercial teams (approximately 30 people)
- Actively contribute to the wellbeing and direction of the entire Finance team
- Provide direction, support and leadership for UK commercial Finance teams
- Establish appropriate Commercial Support structure whilst ensuring all business leaders are primarily responsible for the commercial understanding of their businesses
- Immediately initiate a fresh review of further cost reduction and income opportunities for the UK brands
- Work with UK MDs to develop and drive commercial strategies and initiatives to grow the profitability of the UK business overall
- Deliver commercial insights, utilising Business intelligence and Data visualisation
- Ensure delivery of management information that meets local management requirements and the needs of FCTG EMEA, providing insights to drive profitable growth
- Create a culture across the UK Finance community that embraces change and strives for constant improvement in terms of efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure a strong financial control environment exists across all UK businesses, leveraging established FCTG EMEA controls and develop further control mechanisms to meet specific local requirements. (e.g., Balance Sheet Reviews, Risk Registers, Contract Management, Cash Commitment Process)
- Utilise the EMEA Finance Shared Services team, ensure all risk registers are maintained, reviewed and updated regularly.
- Utilise the EMEA Finance Shared Services team, ensure the UK business meets all its regulatory, legal and tax compliance requirements
Additionally, we are looking for the following key competences and experiences:
- Post-qualified experience in Finance Leadership roles, with demonstrable track record of strong leadership skills
- Proven exceptional ability to provide commercial insights and drive profit improvement
- Experience of leading large commercial finance teams across different businesses
- Deep knowledge of all brands and functions, with experience in Corporate, Retail and Product
- Proven ability to partner successfully with senior operational leaders
- Ability to use management information to drive change and provide commercial insights
- Confident in challenging senior business leaders and peers within Finance.
- Proven experience of managing and driving several projects simultaneously; directing and prioritising resources to deliver on all fronts
- Ability to initiate change and ensure timely delivery of such change
- Excellent communication skills, providing transparency, clarity and bringing simplicity to complex issues
- Ability to attain support and buy in from peers and garner respect at all levels
- Strong planning and coordination skills, with the ability to hit hard deadlines, come what may
- A strong focus on improving efficiency and effectiveness of all aspects of the finance function
- Flexibility and prioritisation are a must to ensure agility in responding to urgent issues and queries that can be time critical
For this Commercial Finance Manager role, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary. On top of this, you'll gain access to a wealth of fantastic benefits from amazing discounted travel to excellent share schemes, discounted gym memberships and more!
We've consistently been voted one of the Best Places to Work in the UK (according to the Great Place to Work® Institute). If you want to join us in our success, apply now.
In order to assist with work-life balance, 'flexible working' requests will be considered where possible for example flexible start and finish times.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
No agencies please.