Business Process Analyst
Discova is on the lookout for a savvy Business Process Analyst to loves process mapping and business process reengineering. If you are driven by a genuine desire to improve business performance with processes enhancement or automation then we want to hear from you!
The Discova brand was launched in July 2019 and is the newest brand in the Flight Centre Travel Group family of brands. The merger of Buffalo Tours in Asia and Olympus Tours in the Americas created a global DMC business with a purpose to connect people and places with a world of possibilities. We are the travel people who work globally, live locally and go the extra mile to help our partners extend their reach.
Our passion is to share local experiences because 95% of our people are local. We are proud of the communities we operate and live in and our commitment to work responsibly with our customers, local communities and business partners ensures our tours have minimal impact on the natural environment, while adding value to our local economies.
About the Opportunity
The Business Process role is to formulate and design business process requirements for all IT, business, financial and operational systems critical to core organizational functions. This includes researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process knowledge, and systems requirements. The Business Process Analyst is also responsible for proactivity generating and compiling reports based on their findings, complete with recommended improvements to – our new requirements for – business processes and operational procedures. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments and to assist in implementing new systems and processes.
You will be responsible for:
- Meeting with decision-makers, systems owners, and end-users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals
- Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Identify and establish scope and parameters of process analysis in order to define impact, outcome criteria, and measure-taking action.
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development, and deployment of new applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes, and other post-implementation support
- Prototype new procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment (ROI) analyses for proposed changes to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmers.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user-friendly language
- University degree in the related field or 5 years related work experience
- Certifications in process improvement methodology are desirable.
- Experience in the travel industry is an advantage.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data modelling.
- Experience overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required.
- Working technical knowledge of SQL programming language.
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including Microsoft and process mapping tools.
- Knowledge in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards and data retrieval methodologies.
- Outstanding sales skills with strong customer care focus.
- Results Orientated with a Solution-focused mindset
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and implementing change when needed.
- Excellent communicator to a diverse range of people (customers, suppliers, team members, leaders).
- High attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks and able to work outside office hours when required.
- Able to work independently and within a team assisting team members to help everyone achieve results.
- Flexible with working hours that may include late nights, weekends and early mornings and flexible with uncertainties/changing priorities and under pressure.
- Willing to travel on business when required
- Personally aligned with Discova’s company purpose and values
Finally, if you are successful, you will find out that working with Discova is more than just a job. To be part of the Discova family is to be in your element. We offer an exciting career progression globally and a fantastic and supportive team culture and social events that are the envy of the industry.
Get in touch now and Discova a world of possibilities!