Business Intelligence Analyst - Brisbane
Looking for an excellent Business Intelligence Analyst to add to our growing Central Insights & Analytics team!
To be successful in this role you will have exceptional technical and business skills and excellent attention to detail, ensuring you get the job done accurately. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day and you are comfortable working on your own but you also enjoy collaborating with others!
- Design, build and maintenance of reports in Microsoft SSRS, Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Excel, using data from various sources including but not limited to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Manage changes, including automation and implementation and overseeing the consistency of reporting and data structures
- Work on both operational and project initiatives
- Elicit requirements from senior stakeholders, build rapport and present reporting deliverables in both written and verbal formats
- Become familiar with a broad set of data and business processes, as well as data manipulation and visualization technologies
- Ad-hoc analysis, pro-active analysis, design and implementation of dashboards and automation of data collection and reporting process
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- University Degree in Business Economics, IT, Finance, Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years’ of relevant experience
- Experience working with a BI stack using SSRS, Power BI and T-SQL
- Experience with data modelling, normalising multiple data sets, understanding the relationships and generating insights from the data
- Experience with business analysis, understanding stakeholder requirements and designing a solution
- Strong data visualisation and presentation skills
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience with relational databases and query authoring
- Strong knowledge of and experience in Power BI SSRS and MS Excel
- Adept at report writing and presenting to audiences at all levels of a large organisation
- Dynamic problem solving skills and the ability to pre-empt difficult questions
- An understanding of data strategy
- Experience managing stakeholder engagement
- Experience using SQL Server Integration Services/SQL Server Analysis Services would be an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
- Monthly awards nights, conferences, industry/social events, and the opportunity to attend global balls
We’re proud to have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards 2018, in addition to Best Agency Group at the AFTA 2018 National Travel Industry Awards