Business Development Manager
Join FCM Travel Solutions, the highly successful corporate division of Flight Centre Travel Group. You’ll be part of a social and motivated culture of over 19,000 employee’s spread across more than 23 countries. FCM Travel Solutions delivers custom business travel management solutions across 95 countries.
FCM NZ is a hugely experienced and knowledgeable team, so rest assured our industry experts will deliver first class service to the clients you win!
About the role:
Your key focus is to harness your solution selling skills, relationship building and networking skills to showcase our unique travel management solutions for new client acquisition. Your Account Managers and Reservations team will service the client, allowing you to completely focus on the thrill of the chase!
You’ll target large businesses such as government agencies and multi-national corporations. Negotiations at this level often last 6-18months, therefore you’ll need to nurture your contacts throughout this long sales cycle.
Main responsibilities include:
- Identifying, qualifying and capturing new business
- Cold calling and responding to RFP’s
- Maintaining an accurate and ongoing sales pipeline
- Strategic brainstorming and implementation of new business development initiatives
- Active contribution to our growth strategy and wider business plan
What we’re looking for:
Ideally we want someone who has sold solutions previously but we’re not precious about which industry you’re from, so it’s no problem if your only travel experience is your own holidays.
You’ll also have:
- Experience working a long sales cycle and understand that patience & persistence will pay off!
- Proven experience meeting and exceeding new business sales targets
- Confidence and professionalism presenting to senior Management and/or Procurement
- Strong communication skills for presenting and proposal writing
- Demonstrated success influencing and building relationships with stakeholders at all levels
What’s in it for you?
- Base salary plus a very clear unlimited commission structure
- Discounted travel benefits with our own staff travel consultants
- FREE and confidential health and financial advice
- Career development and global career opportunities
- Conferences, reward-based celebrations, international trips + more!
Start your journey with one of New Zealand’s best employers and enter the exciting world of travel. Apply Now!