Business Development Executive - London
Corporate Traveller successfully manages the travel needs of customers ranging from individual business owners to larger corporations. We are excited to be growing and are looking for a Business Development Executive (BDE) to assist in spearheading the growth of mid-size business travel by sourcing, selecting and securing opportunities for corporate travel accounts that have annual spend in the region of £50,000 to £2m.
The BDE forms part of the corporate sales and marketing team. Your primary role will be to secure appointments to pass onto the Corporate Traveller sales team. You will source new leads through proactive methods including but not limited to calling, emailing, LinkedIn and Social Media. You will also manage inbound digital marketing traffic. This is very much a desk-bound new business role and will be located in our corporate hub in Chancery Lane.
- Set new appointments for outbound sales
- Use channels to grow, nurture and manage portfolio
- Use all channels available to keep in touch with portfolio
- Work closely with marketing team to manage enquiries
- Log all activity in our CRM - Lighthouse (Salesforce)
- Actively contribute to overall sales budget
- Target and perform ongoing research on company and corporate travel industry
What we’re looking for
Our people are at the heart of our business, committed to providing an amazing personalised service. As such we’re looking for
- Articulate and friendly phone manner
- Strong phone/telemarketing skills
- Able to deal with high call volume and always with utmost professionalism
- Strong drive for continuous improvement and to meet and exceed goals
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Able to meet or exceed client expectations
- Good understanding and usage of modern business related technology
What we offer
You’ll be joining an incredible company to work for, which has received several awards including being placed 12th in the 'Great Place to Work® UK' Best Workplaces in 2019.
You’ll be rewarded with a £27K base and a £50 incentive per each successful appointment made (OTE of £35K - £40K) PLUS an unbelievable bevvy of benefits:
- Uncapped earning potential. Your earning is uncapped so your earning potential is huge
- Exceptional career progression. We're growing quickly, which means you'll potentially be able to rapidly move into a leadership role
- Fast-track leadership programme. We have an internal scheme which finds and develops the future leaders of our £1bn UK business
- Global opportunities. We are a global company with offices in 25 countries across the globe - that means great scope for our staff
- Business ownership scheme. Reap the rewards of your hard work
- Unbelievably discounted travel. We pass on fantastic rates to all our staff
- Industry renowned social events. Summer balls, awards nights and more
- Exceptional career progression. We focus on progressing all our staff and offer an array of career opportunities
- Excellent induction, sales, product and leadership training. We empower you with the skills you need.
- Free and confidential financial guidance. Our own in-house financial team
- Free health consultations. Our own in-house fitness team run competitions and give discounted gym memberships
- Free Perkbox subscription. You’ll get free coffees, cinema tickets, birthday boxes and more!
- Active Hour. We encourage everyone to get active by giving an hour a week to exercise
- Wellness package. We offer discounted physiotherapy, massage, reflexology, mindfulness awareness, cycle-to-work scheme
- Bronze-level health cash plan. Claim cash back for dentist, opticians, chiropractors and more
- Excellent pension and share scheme. Opportunity to buy shares at discounted rates
- Season Ticket Loan. We pay upfront and you pay back via salary sacrifice
- Three-month sabbatical. We reward long-term employees by offering sabbaticals
'Flexible working' requests will be considered where possible for example flexible start and finish times and some home working (restricted to one-day-a-week).
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.