BI Developer - New Malden
The multi-award-winning Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to offering our teams and customers excellent software and systems. As such, we’re looking for a BI Developer to assist with software development in the area of Business Intelligence software and systems. This includes gathering requirements as well as designing and deploying Business Intelligence solutions to end users. The BI Developer will also be responsible for ensuring high levels of Business Intelligence awareness through support functions such as training and documentation and assistance in testing of Business Intelligence solutions when appropriate.
- Assist in the design, coding, testing and deployment of new or modified BI systems, applications and programs including the design of new fact and dimension tables
- Analyse user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for BI development
- Troubleshoot BI tools, systems, and software and performance-tune these systems as necessary
- Assist, assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for BI development in conjunction with end users, managers, clients, and other stakeholders
- Act as evangelist for BI benefits across the organization; promote BI usage to relevant departments
- Design and deliver end-user training and training materials and provide technical support as necessary
- Ideally university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science, information systems or computer engineering
- Proven development experience using SSIS/SQL in a Data warehouse environment with full exposure to all aspects of complete SDLC
- Intermediate knowledge of SSRS/SSAS
- Any knowledge of Microsoft Cloud (Devops/Power BI etc.) would be beneficial
- Solid and proven understanding of Data warehouse database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Experience of working within Agile environment with daily stand-ups, workstack review and sprint planning
- Strong ability to analyse user requirements and develop according to specifications
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques
- Analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
Salary and Benefits
The BI Developer attracts a £35,100K base salary with the opportunity to earn incentives on top (OTE of £39K). Flight Centre regards its people as its greatest asset and has consistently been recognised as an employer of choice internationally. We have been listed in the top 12 at the Great Place to Work® Awards 2019, partly due to our fantastic benefit offering:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress and management training courses.
'Flexible working' requests will be considered where possible for example flexible start and finish times, compressed hours, some home working and working from another office.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.