Back-End Drupal Developer - Brisbane
Looking for an enthusiastic Back-End Drupal Developer to add to our Core Websites and Product team.
This role is ideal for someone that has a positive and engaging personality, loves a challenge and enjoys learning new skills. If you are experienced with Drupal/PHP and your true passion lies within back-end development, then this is the role for you!
- Design and implement new features and functionality, write customized Drupal modules, automate tests and automate deployment.
- Get involved in creating tooling to assist development and automate deployments
- Work closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders to ensure functional and non-functional requirements are met
- Participates in writing detailed level technical and functional specifications documentation
- Develop Governance and protocols to follow when deciding on new functionality and integrations
- Manages all technical aspects of the Drupal CMS
- Write automated functional and unit tests to ensure all pieces are tested prior to change/enhancements going live
- Create APIs using Serverless, Lambda, NodeJS, and API Gateway
- Write secure, reusable and easily maintainable code
- Completes performance testing on all design elements across all browsers and devices
- Ensures high-performance and 24/7 availability of FC websites
- Provide support to other developers with Drupal and development questions and issues
- Supports the web team by assisting with other projects as assigned
- Take initiative to research and learn emerging technologies and to make recommendations for their adoption in the company’s’ products
Key Skills Required:
- Experience in building and maintaining large-scale websites in a commercial environment
- 1+ years’ experience with Symfony and/or Drupal 7/8
- 3+ years’ experience in Web Application Development using PHP
- Experience with Jenkins, Composer, Vagrant/Virtual Box, Docker, Serverless, Lambda and NodeJS
- Ability to handle multiple projects and proactively solve problems
- Ability to articulate technical implementation to non‐technical stakeholders
- Ability to estimate development effort accurately
- Ability to work effectively with the business, leading requests from inception to delivery
- Strong insights into design patterns, application architecture, generic programming and various programming paradigms
- Understand and apply design and modelling concepts at the system level
- Experience working with Lean and Agile methodologies
- Experience with CI/CD and processes
If you have database experience, deployment and DevOps, you will peak our interest even more!
What’s in it for you?
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
- Monthly awards nights, conferences, industry/social events, and the opportunity to attend global balls
We’re proud to have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards 2018, in addition to Best Agency Group at the AFTA 2018 National Travel Industry Awards