Analyst Programmer - New Malden
The multi-award-winning Flight Centre Travel Group is committed to offering our teams and customers excellent programs and applications. As such, we’re looking for an Analyst Programmer to assist with coding and testing of software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the full production life cycle as well as analysing and amending software errors in a timely and accurate fashion. This role is based in Head Office, New Malden.
- Consistently code software and applications according to technical specifications
- Run and monitor software performance tests on programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Write programming scripts to provide or enhance functionality for use on internal company systems in accordance with given requirements
- Liaise with network administrators, systems support to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Good hands-on experience with object-oriented programming languages
- Sound technical knowledge of databases and solid experience using MS SQL Server as a back-end database
- Preferably, knowledge of cloud-based technologies (ideally Azure & DevOps).
- Exposure to, and understanding of, the full software development lifecycle
- Experience of working both independently as well as in a team environment
- Solid working knowledge of web and desktop application architecture
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience
- Flexible and adaptable regarding learning and understanding new technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly logical
- Technically proficient
- Highly self-motivated with great attention to detail
Salary and Benefits
The Analyst Programmer attracts a £32,400 base salary with the opportunity to earn incentives on top (OTE of £36K). Flight Centre regards its people as its greatest asset and has consistently been recognised as an employer of choice internationally. We have been listed in the top 12 at the Great Place to Work® Awards 2019, partly due to our fantastic benefit offering:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress and management training courses.
'Flexible working' requests will be considered where possible for example flexible start and finish times, compressed hours, some home working and working from another office.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.