Travel Consultant - Glasgow Gordon Street
The award-winning Flight Centre is seeking a full-time Travel Consultant to join our wonderful Glasgow Gordon Street team. We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals who are ready for a career in travel (and not just a job). You’ll need the drive to succeed in sales and an unwavering passion for travel.
This varied Travel Consultant role will see you selling amazing travel experiences to your customers. Before you begin your role, we'll give you all the training you need to boost your knowledge of worldwide travel, train you on airfares and sharpen your sales skills. You’ll then get to put this into practice in-store but will receive ongoing training and development.
What You’ll Need
Ideally, you’ll have some sales experience because this is essentially a sales role (the more you sell, the more you earn). We’re looking for people who are excited about travel and believe it’s the best thing money can buy. You will also need good IT skills, strong communication skills and the ability to make your customers feel loved. As our stores are popular on the weekend, you'll need to be prepared to work weekends (although you will only work 5 days a week on a roster basis).
Flight Centre regards its people as its greatest asset and has consistently been recognised as an employer of choice internationally. It is the dedication to our team that keeps the company on top of the industry ladder. That’s why we offer some fantastic benefits, including:
- Uncapped salary (£18K OTE – base salary is £26K)
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Awesome social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme
- Excellent pension scheme
- Perkbox subscription (free coffees, movies and more)
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Technology scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 4-week travel leave every 2 years
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here in the UK, we’re proud to work alongside the best people in the industry, so whether you’re just starting your travel career or you’re looking for a new challenge, we have a place for you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.