Facilitation Team Leader NSW/QLD
The Travel Academy (FCTA) is Flight Centre's externally facing education business that offers a University level Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
This is an exciting role that requires a passion for tertiary education, leading a team and gaining positive employment outcomes for students.
Expert knowledge and understanding of the travel and tourism industry and its many sectors along with tertiary education is essential.
The main focus of this role is to lead and support a team of facilitators across NSW and QLD following a national team plan, secondly to deliver student learning of the Diploma of Travel and Tourism and personally deliver on promoting outcomes for every student.
This will be achieved through maintaining a disciplined approach to the national plan across all business systems ensuring consistency, inspiring and supporting your team, and engaging and coaching students, offering feedback and facilitating them toward an employment outcome throughout the course.
This role can be based in Sydney or Brisbane.
- Ensure all staff are clear and held accountable to individual / team goals and responsibilities
- Provide regular, effective and clear communication aligned to national facilitation team objectives
- Ensuring all staff operate with a united approach and follow required processes
- Conduct regular team meetings and attend fortnightly meetings with national team to ensure team are on track with placement targets and national goals
- Regular feedback to facilitators regarding student survey results and content delivery update
- Collaborate with Nation Leader and content expert regularly, to ensure facilitators are kept up to date with all aspects of facilitation / content / projects
- Planning with internal / external stakeholders to ensure regular class presentations and site visits and supporting Placements Manager
- Ongoing contact with Placements Manager / Recruitment team regarding placements
- Relationship building with all internal Flight Centre staff to promote FCTA brand
- Upholding structured communication with students and team around progression and completion toward employment outcomes
- Facilitate tertiary level Diploma of Travel and Tourism with consistency across national processes. This involves coaching students in
- Grading and assessing of assignments, presentations and exams
- Values aligned to Business values and role modelled.
- Ensure quality student experience
- Workshops and Study days are facilitated regularly
- Collaborating with National Leader and Team Leaders to ensure Facilitation remains relevant and up-to-date
- Regular co-facilitation and feedback delivered among team to ensure positive development
- Attends regular industry updates / experiences to share with national team
- Awareness of targets, KPI’s, KBD and team incentive tracking
- Understanding, belief and discipline with 90 day business plan and annual business plan
- Administration and management of students schedules, team rosters, tracking tools and systems, compliance systems e.g. moderation, exam board
You will have:
- Minimum 7 years Travel and Tourism Industry experience
- Graduate Certificate or Bachelor Degree
- Leadership experience and proven track record as a Leader (i.e. store profits, staff retention and development of future leaders)
- Facilitation experience
- Generous remuneration structure
- Travel discounts, in-house financial and health services, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Fun and flexible work environment
- Proud Corporate Social Responsibility platform through the Flight Centre Foundation, Responsible Travel Charter, and Brighter Futures programs
- Monthly awards nights, conferences, industry/social events, and the opportunity to attend global balls