Group Reporting Accountant - New Malden
Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) has grown to become one of the world’s largest travel agency groups. Known for being an award-winning company to work for, we pride ourselves on our people and our customers. Due to our growth and success, we have an exciting new opportunity for a Group Reporting Accountant within our head office in New Malden, London (13 minutes from Clapham Junction).
The Group Reporting Accountant role is responsible, as part of the Group Reporting team, for the timely completion of the UK & Europe’s financial and management reporting. Equally, they will form an integral part in ensuring the team provides business support and great customer service to the EMEA CFO and UK CFO. This role requires a significant degree of flexibility in order to respond to the various needs and changing requirements of the UK, Europe and parent company businesses as well as the wider Finance department.
We are looking for someone who has experience of financial analysis and strong business acumen, with at least 2 years’ management accounts experience in a commercial business. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be:
- A qualified professional (will consider finalists) qualification ACA / CIMA / ACCA or equivalent/QBE (degree level education)
- Proactive, self-motivated and focused
- Flexible and quick to embrace change
- Persuasive with influencing ability
- Highly organised with good attention to detail
- Able to challenge accepted business convention
- Highly skilled in systems, particularly advanced Excel skills
- Willing to put in the hours to meet tight deadlines
The rewards and benefits
For this Group Reporting Accountant role, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and the opportunity to earn a monthly incentive, according to targets your meet and exceed! On top of this, you'll gain access to a wealth of fantastic benefits:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
Here at Flight Centre, we have a strong focus on building your career, and we believe in promoting from within. Our training is second-to-none and, as such, we offer a variety of opportunities to progress and management training courses. We encourage flexible working requests such as flexible start and finish times.
Flight Centre have consistently been voted one of the Best Places to Work in the UK (according to the Great Place to Work® Institute). If you want to join us in our success, apply now.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
No agencies please