SQL Server Architect/Developer (Contract) - Marlborough MA
FCM - SQL Server Architect/Developer - Marlborough MA
Brand: IT Operations & Solutions
Work type: Contract to Perm
Categories: Business Support
This role requires hands on experience developing high performance, highly scalable SQL Server operational databases supporting web applications. The suitable candidate should feel at ease refactoring tables and code, with a proven track record of increasing the volume of transactions and scaling web site performance. This is a great opportunity to architect the next step in database design for an already successful product as it increases its global reach (currently has millions of users and thousands of customers across the world). Looking for someone with great ideas and the ability to implement them!
Our development team works in an open, agile environment that values innovation and a startup attitude, while enjoying the stability of being part of a leading travel industry company.
- Identify and implement performance and scale improvements in our SQL Server databases
- Create and/or redesign schema objects such as tables, stored procedures, triggers, and indexes to remove performance bottlenecks
- Ability to build logical and physical data models meeting business requirements
- Ensure databases are running at peak efficiency by working with DBA’s and other team members
- Independently discover barriers to database performance and correct them
- Perform database code review with C# developers to ensure functional correctness and performance
- Assist technical documentation team with the preparation of required materials
- Actively participate in team agile activities including standups, planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Knowledge of security best practices and oversight of secure database coding
- Maintain SQL Coding standards
- 7+ years SQL Server database development experience, with at least 5 years performance tuning and database architecture experience in high transactional volume environment including:
- Dynamic Web Applications (such as our own
- Client Server Applications
- Order Entry/Logistics
- Live Financial Transactions
- Retail Sales
- Online Transaction Processing schema design and optimization
- Table partitioning
- Data normalization
- Extensive experience with SQL Server performance tuning tools
- Demonstrated proficiency in advanced techniques of stored procedure, trigger, and index performance tuning in OLTP databases
- Experience scaling SQL Server systems up and out
- SQL Server 2016 preferreed but SQL Server 2008 R2 2012, 2014, or 2017 experience is also considered if it includes the expertise listed
- Proficiency in modeling data with design tools such as erWin, ER/Studio, etc.
Desirable experience includes:
- Building database deployments in Visual Studio
- SQL Server Data Encryption
- Experience with PCI, GDPR, ISO, or other security compliance
- C# and MVC exposure
- SSIS or other ETL experience
- SQL Server High Availability
- Atlassian suite products such as Jira and Confluence
Location: Marlborough, MA
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!