Senior Business Development Manager - London
The Flight Centre Travel Group is one of the world’s largest travel groups with AUD $20 billion business consisting of more than 40 brands and in excess of 20,000 employees across the globe. We've received a stream of employment awards, including being placed 12th in the 'Great Place to Work® UK' Best Workplaces in 2019. Put simply, we are a hugely successful award-winning growing travel company and we are looking for the very best to join us in our success.
We’re recruiting Senior Business Development Managers in our London offices.
- Identifying and developing significant business opportunities
- Taking up all lead generation avenues
- Building relationships with key contacts at large potential companies
- Applying extensive industry and product knowledge to help with tender pitches
- Demonstrating expertise in negotiation and closing profitable deals
- Understanding and promoting the USPs of our brands and the technology we have to offer (Hello FCBT, your.CT, SAM:] app)
- Supporting and directing other BDMs, AMs, Bid Writers and Consultants on large opportunities to increase win rates
- Influencing the sales and marketing strategy through collaboration with the sales leadership team
- Reporting directly into the sales leadership team, working independently of all teams
Typically, you'll be targeting companies from any industry with an international travel spend of around £500,000 - £2M. Our clients include some top players, as well as small niche businesses… As all companies have a need to travel in some form (train, air, car hire, hotels, etc.), our potential customers are endless and could include multinational businesses with offices all over the globe.
- Extensive sales experience in both a people service and technology product
- Motivation and hunger to achieve sales targets
- A self-starter that strives for success and recognition
- Excellent phone manner, rapport building and relationship management skills
- A creative thinker, who is always looking to improve knowledge, processes and results
- Keen interest in business markets and industries
- A strong and creative negotiator
In return, you'll be rewarded with a £35K base and a first year guarantee of £50K PLUS an unbelievable bevvy of benefits:
- Uncapped earning potential. Your earning is uncapped so your earning potential is huge
- Fast-track leadership programme. We have an internal scheme which finds and develops the future leaders of our £1bn UK business
- Global opportunities. We are a global company with offices in 25 countries across the globe - that means great scope for our staff
- Business ownership scheme. Reap the rewards of your hard work
- Unbelievably discounted travel. We pass on fantastic rates to all our staff
- Industry renowned social events. Summer balls, awards nights and more
- Exceptional career progression. We focus on progressing all our staff and offer an array of career opportunities
- Excellent induction, sales, product and leadership training. We empower you with the skills you need.
- Free and confidential financial guidance. Our own in-house financial team
- Free health consultations. Our own in-house fitness team run competitions and give discounted gym memberships
- Active Hour. We encourage everyone to get active by giving an hour a week to exercise
- Wellness package. We offer discounted physiotherapy, massage, reflexology, mindfulness awareness, cycle-to-work scheme
- Bronze-level health cash plan. Claim cash back for dentist, opticians, chiropractors and more
- Excellent pension and share scheme. Opportunity to buy shares at discounted rates
- Season Ticket Loan. We pay upfront and you pay back via salary sacrifice
- Three-month sabbatical. We reward long-term employees by offering sabbaticals
If you'd like to start your career with one of the world's leading travel companies, apply today.
'Flexible working' requests will be considered where possible for example flexible start and finish times, compressed hours, some home working and working from another office.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.