4D - Air Analyst
4th Dimension Business Travel Consulting
Air Analyst – Job description
Work type: Full time
Could be located in New York City, New York; Boston, Massachusetts; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Denver, Colorado; Chicago, Illinois; (Virtual possible for the right candidate)
Categories: Business Support
Air Analyst – Job description
What you’ll do:
4D Business Travel Consulting work collaboratively with our customers to develop tailored strategies to enhance their corporate travel programs and to ensure the best return on investment possible. Our team of business consultants take a strategic approach to developing customized solutions based on our customers’ requirements.
In this role, you will be the Air Sourcing Analyst. This means supporting the Air Practice part of the team, which will include working with clients and internal stakeholders during various aspects of the Airline RFP process and ongoing performance management. The focus here is on analyzing performance, forecasting contract compliance, diagnosing trends and highlighting savings opportunities to customers. This position requires advanced analytical skills and the ability to turn business requests into end-user deliverables.
- Support Airline Request for Proposal (RFP) projects with clients and internal teams. This includes organizing data collection, analyzing and evaluating offers as well as developing end-result presentations to client.
- Extract insights and proactively stay on top of 4D key capabilities, product offerings, competitors and market trends via websites, online webinars and marketing information. Acquire, consolidate and analyze this information and ensure to communicate summaries internally and externally.
- Collaborate with Sourcing and Project Management teams to establish ongoing competitive analysis and best practices.
- Support further development and completion of internal airline sourcing tool development.
- Assists with first-level support, as it pertains to troubleshooting of data quality, inaccuracies and/or malfunction of airline tool – determines escalation plan, if necessary.
- Provides structured training modules, as well as ad-hoc direction as it pertains to utilizing the airline tool.
- Overnight travel will be required (approximately 5-10% of the time).
- Other duties as assigned.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- B.A./B.S. plus 3+ years airline analytics, sourcing experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Industry experience in B2B environment, particularly with pricing a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in an internal or external customer service capacity, with a positive, “can-do attitude”.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, with excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills. SQL and Microsoft BI experience a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The discipline to work alone and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a small, high performance team (with Sales, Account Management, Technology, and other departments).
- Analytical in approach with the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects while maintaining an eye for detail.
- Ability to think on your feet as well as to develop and communicate insight.
- Must possess legal permit to work in the USA
About 4D Consulting:
4th Dimension Business Travel Consulting (4D) represents the next generation of advisory services for the travel industry.
We are a business consulting service with a proven track record in helping a wide range of businesses and industry professionals with their travel procurement needs. Clients range from the SME market through to large, global corporations where we achieve outstanding results in their travel program.
The 4D team includes highly experienced travel, finance and procurement professionals. We offer innovative strategies and outsourcing solutions designed to meet the complex demands of the continually evolving procurement market.
The 4D global team is supported by an international network and best-in-market local and global technologies.
We’re committed to developing long term, sustainable outcomes and our focus is on delivering solutions that generate significant return on your investment in travel.
About Flight Centre:
After starting with one shop in the early 1980s, Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) has enjoyed remarkable growth to become a $20 billion business consisting of more than 40 brands. One of the world’s largest travel agency groups, it has company-owned operations in 23 countries and a corporate travel management network that spans more than 90 countries. FCTG was listed on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1995 (ASX: FLT). Flight Centre Travel Group employs more than 19,000 people globally and has a total of almost 2800 businesses.
Location: Boston, MA
FCTG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!